The sixty-second session of the Commission on the Status of Women took place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 12 to 23 March 2018.
- NEWS RELEASE – Mass Incarceration of Rural and Indigenous Women in Canada.
- To see the Final Report, prepared by Lead Delegate, Mary Scott, click here.
- To see the Rappateur’s Report of the Panel “The Mass Incarceration of Rural and Indigenous Women in Canada”, click here.
- CSW62 Agreed Conclusions_Advanced Unedited_23 March
Check out the CSW62 Event page on Facebook!
Themes for the meetings:
Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls;
Participation in and access of women to the media, and information and communications technologies and their impact on and use as an instrument for the advancement and empowerment of women (agreed conclusions of the forty-seventh session);
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are welcome to attend the session. As of February 7, there are 5,400 registered!
IIWR-Mb sponsored an event with support from Senator Marilou McPhedran!
IIWR-MB Members attending the meetings of the CSW
Note: 8 members will be part of the World Federalist Movement delegation, and 2 will join the National Council of Women of Canada delegation, Grand Chief Jerry Daniels will be part of the Canadian Delegation, and Chief Marilyn Sinclair, Obashkaandagaang First Nation will also be attending, representing Treaty 3.
- Katrina LeClerc
- Alexandria Kazmerik
- Erika Vas
- Jordyn Sheldon
- Shayne Bloomfield-Wong
- Noelle Sagher
- Micaela Crighton
- Rachael Howgate
- Fiona Favell
- Darci Todoruk
- Haley Hickey
- Megan Johnson
- Tyler Andrade
- Mereret Alem Kahsay
- Patricia Nosal
- Cassie Kupfer
- GC Sheila North
- Hilda Anderson-Pyrz
- Renata Meconse
- Chantell Barker
- Debbie Lipscombe
- Annetta Armstrong
- Mary Scott
- Terrance Delaronde
- Nicole Meged
- Arianna Montanino
- Dr. Julie Pelletier
- Florence Okwudili
- Elizabeth Aluk
- Grand Chief Jerry Daniels
- Chief Marilyn Sinclair, Obashkaandagaang First Nation
- Chief Karen Batson
- Chief Vera Mitchell
Background and Resources
- Outline of the Student Process for application to be part of the IIWR-MB delegation.
- Suggested topic for a panel presentation as part of the parallel events – “The Mass Incarceration of Rural and Indigenous Women in Canada”
- Would you like to design a possible cover for the Handbook, widely used and distributed at the CSW? January 16 is the deadline. Here are the details.
- Statement signed on to by IIWR-MB, prepared by Soroptimist International, regarding Rural Women. It is expected the statement will be read into the proceedings of the CSW.
- IIWR-MB does not support the costs for any of the delegation, however there are bursaries for students attending Global College. For further information, click here.
- There are to be a series of short videos, explaining the process, and what to expect at the meetings of the CSW, as well as practical tips for surviving in New York. The first one is here.
- A lot of information about the NGO Forum, and registration!
Chief Janice Henderson
Grand Chief Sheila North – Wilson