"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
Membership in IIWR-Manitoba is open to people of any gender, as well as organizations that have an interest in promoting women’s human rights.
To see and download our information brochure, click here.
You may submit your Membership online using the button above and pay by e-transfer or VISA.
It is also possible to download the membership form for Individual and Student Memberships, or, Organization Memberships and mail it along with a cheque (payable to IIWR-MB to IIWR-MB, 971 Corydon Ave, PO Box 273, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 0Y0).
You may contact the treasurer to arrange an e-transfer or credit card if that is helpful.
By becoming a member, you can participate in a number of ways
- You can learn more about the local and global issues impacting women’s human rights.As a member, you could attend meetings of the Commission on the Status of Women, at the United Nations in New York, as a delegate.
- You can join committees. At the present time, those would include: the Advocacy Committee; the Program Committee; the Event Committee or the Communications Committee.
- You can help shape the program and the actions of IIWR-MB!
- Your annual membership fee (see below) will help support the work of IIWR-MB.
- You will have the opportunity to network with organizations and individuals working globally and locally for women’s rights.
- All members are welcome to attend Board meetings and have a vote at the Annual Meeting. (See our calendar for dates.)
- Organization Member’s events can be promoted through IIWR-MB: website, Facebook and email. (Click here for more on this.)
- Members are encouraged to volunteer with projects and initiatives. (Learn more here.)
There are three categories of membership: Student, Individual, Organization. All memberships are based on the calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.
Student: $5.00 Individual: $25.00 Organization: $50.00.
If you have any questions e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizations will be listed on the membership page, with a link to their website. When an Organization becomes a member, all the members of the Organization become members of IIWR-MB. One representative of the Organization should be appointed as the voting member. If others in the organization wish to be voting members of IIWR-MB they are welcome to take out Individual or Student Memberships.
We thank you for your support!
IIWR-Manitoba welcomes financial gifts beyond membership, note however, we are not a registered charity.
Personal information collected by IIWR-Manitoba is for the use of IIWR-Manitoba and its members and will not to be shared or sold to third parties for any reason.
Organizational Members and Supporters
Organizational Members 2018
Manitoba Women for Women South Sudan
IIWR-Manitoba would also like to acknowledge the special financial support we received in the beginning stages from:
- Law Society of Manitoba (donation from the retirement dinner of Chief Justice Richard Scott)
- Brenlee Carrington
- Diane Redsky
- and Kal Barteski for the logo design
IIWR-MB would like to thank the following donors who supported the Local to Global 2018: Women at the Heart of Peace. Proceeds were jointly shared with The House of Peace; Global Citizenship Scholarships at the University of Winnipeg; and the Make Music Matter.
- Gail Asper
- Hill Sokalski Walsh Trippier, LLP
- Tannis M. Richardson
- Marjorie Blankstein
- The Winnipeg Foundation
- Mary and Richard Scott
- In Memory of Sue and Roger Lemmerick – by Gail Loewen
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Aldo and Samira El Tassi
- Henderson and Associates